Our 5 Key Ingredients to a Healthier & Happier Home
Often in life things feel complicated, overwhelming and cluttered. There is just way too much noise. Life has too much choice, too many things we ‘should’ be doing and just too many ‘tabs’ open. Who hears me?
At Hills & West Interiors we love a simple, purposeful yet playful outlook on life, and to our spaces, and for us, that comes with a few easy guides to steer us, in the right direction (we all know life is full of distractions).
Here are our 5 key ingredients to curate a happier home and everyday life.
1. A Mess Makeover
Decluttering, simplifying and improving everyday life.
Disorganised stimuli takes your focus away from what is important.
Following are just some of the things we consider:
– Making choices easier – how do you live and where are your pressure points?
– Easy decluttering steps to improve productivity
– The ‘have you used it in the last year?’ test
– Clutter free surfaces providing space to breathe
– Giving key items, especially items used every day, a place to live
– Easy access – the value of open storage
– Reclaim your mornings and weekend – what are the simple things that can make the morning routine stress-free?
2. It’s All About You
Tailoring your space to your personality and lifestyle are all about creating havens that spark purpose, happiness and connection for you.
Bring more of;
– what brings you joy?
– what is the style direction that caters to your taste however also lifestyle?
– your personality into your space – memories, personal pieces from travels, words with meaning etc.
– art that speaks to you and crates a talking pieces in your home
– fun – what does that mean to you?
Remember that feeling when you have a fabulous outfit on and you walk with your head held high. What are the secret ingredients, colours, fabrics, combinations and curate that in your home. Your home is your safe space and must cater to your loves, needs and lifestyle… not anyone else’s expectations.
We love simple, purposeful & a little bit of playful.
A few small changes can have a huge impact on your everyday.
3. Functional Bliss
This is where the purposeful and functional come into play.
Focusing on functionality to facilitate easy living and architecting your spaces to cater to the lifestyle you want to lead.
This can all be curated by setting up;
– Clever space hacks
– Balance harmony, utility and intentional placement
– Optimising space – maximising space for how you live and use your spaces
– Reviewing how functional is your home;
- Zones – rugs and placement
- Comfort levels
- Tricky nooks
- Places for quiet, productivity, conversation corners, connection and fun
- Flow and movement
- Pet spaces
- Exercise/wellness spaces
We feel when it comes to your home, you get what you give. The more you consider and curate your space the more it will give back.
4. Mood Maker
Carefully curating colour, lighting, some furnishings and accessories creating ambiance and the right mood for the right space.
There is so much power in colour, fragrance, window dressings and lighting, here are just some of the things we consider;
– Colour palette rules 60/30/10 (60% of the room should be a dominant colour, 30% should be the secondary colour or texture and the last 10% should be an accent)
– Your personal mood boosting colours
– Right colours for the right rooms – what is the function of the room?
– Let the light in (or create it)
– Mirror magic for light, space and function
– Accessories – sometimes less is more, however adding decorations can make all the difference
– Selecting window dressings to both service a function, such as privacy, sound proofing, sun protection; and mood, such as distinguishing the bedroom from the living space.
– Seasonal refreshes to settle you in for the winter or jump start the spring season
– Creating joyful moments
Building a personal space that feels like home and is that enclave of peace and reprieve is what we strive for.
If we can’t feel grounded and connected in our home, where can we?
Bringing in elements that ground you can make a world of difference, this includes;
– Grounding natural elements – greenery
– What is your fragrance? How can we instill a sense of safety, comfort and mood
– Textures it up – looking at the mix of woods, stone, floor coverings and finishings give you a sense of comfort and softness
– Home wellness – have you optimised your home wellness through ventilation, light, placement and memories
We work with you to create spaces that inspire you and allow you to live the life you want to live. No matter how simple or complex your interior styling requirements are, we execute every detail and make the most out of your available budget.
We are on a Mission to empower people to create spaces that enrich the way they live, work and play, ultimately enjoying a happier, more connected and stress-free way of living. It is that simple. We would love to create with you.
An easy way to start is to book in a mini mess makeover session. In 2 hours watch us makeover a key space in your home that will set you up for blissful success in 2022.
Do you want live differently in 2022?
Take that first step here.
AISHA HILLARY MORGAN
Aisha creates balanced, harmonius spaces that are bound together by a carefully considered design narrative